Thursday, June 7, 2007

Surpasses

Eph. 3:18 -19 (NIV)
may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Christ is endless. He is God, and everything about Him is eternal and boundless. To know His love is to experience a love that is ever expanding just as our universe continues to expand. My love however has limits. I have limits of patience, limits of giving, limits of love. I sometimes let those I "love" down because I do not love them in the way that they expect or deserve to be loved. My love is nothing like the love of Christ. His love surpasses knowledge. There will never be a time when I will reach the end of His love. I will never be able to say that I know the limits of the love of Christ. I will one day spend eternity in heaven, and even then I will not be able to reach the end of His limitless love. As a follower of Christ, I pray that others will see His love reflected in me, because my love is limited.

No comments: