Saturday, June 30, 2007

Respect

Eph. 5:33 (NIV)
each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Respect is an interesting thing. It seems to take lots of hard work to earn, but can be lost in a moment. As love is a wife's greatest emotional need, respect is the husband's. I find that when my wife respects my decisions, that I find it a lot easier to be the leader that God has called me to be. The wife sets the tone for the entire family as the first follower. It is important to remember that leadership is tough enough, and when I find myself in the position as the first follower, that any disrespect on my part just serves to undermine the whole institution, whether it be marriage or ministry. I also must realize that I must act in a way that I maintain the respect of my followers. Today, I will show respect to those over me and those under me. I will act in a way deserving of their respect, and I will show God respect by not taking his name in vain.

No comments: