Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Built

Eph. 4:11 - 12 (NIV)
It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.


Construction takes place all around us. It seems that the state flower would be a construction cone. Everybody is building. Building roads, building homes, building buildings. On a side note, why do we call them buildings? If they are complete shouldn't we call them builts or something? The thing that we as a church are called to build is people. We can never forget that people are the reason Christ died. People are more important than buildings. Today I pray that God will give me opportunities to build up my children. To put up some walls, strengthen their foundation, to give them a little protection from this cold harsh world. And I pray that it will go beyond just my kids to God granting me the opportunity to build someone else up. That he will allow me to see someone who has been torn down, and recognize it as a divine appointment to do a little people construction.

No comments: