Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Rooted

Eph. 3:17 (NKJV)
that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,

The life of the tree exists in the roots. Just as the roots are invisible but essential to the life of the plant so it is with Christ in our spiritual life. Often I desire the deep, rich vibrancy and the fruit that is the visible part of the Christian life, but in order to achieve that end, my focus must be on a deep and grounded root. During the winter months the majority of the growth of the tree takes place in the roots. It is through this trial that the whole tree is strengthened. Then as Spring time comes, we can see the fruit of that struggle. Quality fruit comes as a direct result of quality roots. Today, I will focus more attention on deepening my invisible roots more than I calling attention to the visible fruits.

No comments: