Sunday, June 17, 2007

Insist

Eph. 4:17 (NIV)
So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking.

When was the last time you used that phrase? I insist! It is common to use the phrase when we want someone to go ahead of us, and we are stuck with each trying to be polite. However, Paul is using it as a parent would to a child who somehow thinks that the demands of the parent are optional. The term is from the original "martus" the same that we use to describe a martyr. It is with this strong feeling that he tells the Ephesian Christians to no longer live according to the futile thought patterns of their time. So with Paul, today I am going to insist on some things for us. Not just for you, but for me as well.


1. I insist that we think in eternal perspectives.


2. I insist that we put God first, others second and ourselves last


3. I insist that we do all to the glory of God


4. I insist that we set our minds on things above and all those "whatsoever" things

No comments: