Friday, July 27, 2007

Corrects

Prov. 3:11 - 12 (NKJV)
11 My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor detest His correction; 12 For whom the Lord loves He corrects, Just as a father the son in whom he delights.


No child, and I mean no child enjoys being corrected. Come to think of it most adults don't either. I hate it when my mistakes are seen by others and corrected. Just yesterday, I sent out an email that still had outdated information on it and as soon as Gabe told me, I naturally became defensive and then mad at myself for being so lax. In the same way it is very easy for us to despise the chastening of God in our lives. When he points out our sin we cringe and do everything that we can to avoid the shame and the guilt that come along with that. If we allow that to continue however, we will find ourselves hiding from Him as Adam did in the garden. We will stop praying, lest we think of our guilt, we will drop out of church so that our toes stay plump and cozy, we will avoid reading the Bible too. However, we must change the way that we see the correction of God in our lives. Because correction is the greatest act of love and care that our heavenly Father can bestow on our daily lives. His correction means that He cares. Let that sink in. When God corrects us, it means that our decisions matter to Him! Wow, let's live today knowing that the correction of God means that we are loved and valued by the God of the universe!

No comments: